Thursday, April 2, 2009

Confiker A Bust, I'm not so sure...

The conficker worm which showed up about 6 months ago has became one of the most talked about and reported on malware since the cih virus of 1998. While its not destructive in nature it has the potential to cause havoc for many computer users. There was big hype this week about a mass launch on April 1st, 2009.

News sources seem to think that the writers of Conficker, also known as downadup was defeated due to all the hype and press. I can't say I agree with this, there are still thousands of computers out there infected with this malware and they aren't even aware of it, furthermore these boys are not stupid. I beleive they will bide their time quietly sending out their new and improved version and wait til the hype dies down.

Anti-virus companies are still scrambling to add signatures to remove it. If you installed the Microsoft patch months ago you may be protected. If you install it now and have the worm its moot.

Virus and Spyware removal is what I do best and I'll not write off this one just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment